Goodbye, 'Jogbra'...

May 2015: First up, though I still try to put up blog content whenever I can, it has been easier to more regularly visit the the Twitterverse. Follow me at @barethomas10 and let's keep the shirtless running flag flying. Of course, the blog still attracts very interesting comments, and good discussion. Keep it up.

Second, in the years since this venture launched, and as shirtless running among women has gone increasingly mainstream, the term "jogbra" has clearly declined in use. I will thus prefer "sportsbra" henceforth - as has already been the case on Twitter, and in recent posts here.

I continue to welcome guest posts (sent to barethomas@gmail.com) on any related topic, including from those who would discourage stripping to the waist. I am myself of course a fervent convert to the joys of running bare. But let all voices be heard!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Poem from the Net: 'The Shirtless Runner'

Here's a poem culled online (click here for the original source) that's called 'The Shirtless Runner' even though, as you'll see, the runner in question chickens out and covers up. However, the question left dangling is: Can anyone come up with better verse on the topic?


The Shirtless Runner

I am a shirtless runner,

They call me a jogger these days,

But if I run ungirted

I'll spend the night in a gaol enclave


Instead I wear a keep-fit blue tracksuit,

And have shoes of a plastic which grips,

And the vest has green luminous features

That no motorist is likely to hit.


This exercise helps me keep skinny

And the fresh air is good for my chest,

But the time wasted when I ought to be working

Means I live on the DSS.


If I get a job now lorry driving

My fat will come back very soon,

But the lorry-springs will not get broken

And they give 40-ton artics good room.


-- Ken Geach

Park Street, Ammanford

(From: thisissouthwales.co.uk, January 16 2009 (Friday, 15:34)
Click here for the original source

No comments: